The Sip is a bevtech luxury brand changing the wine industry and the way sparkling wines are discovered. We offer an array of sparkling wines from around the world in a gift-ready box, making it convenient, affordable and fun to discover sparkling wine without breaking the bank. Our mission is to help everyone celebrate & elevate their everyday.
Since our founding in 2020, The Sip has been named one of the top 3 wine subscriptions by USA Today and we’re a top retailer for some amazing brands. As a Venture backed startup, we are at that perfect stage of growth, where we’re still small enough for you to make a major difference, while big enough to do some amazing things, and now is a great time to join The Sip team.
Our founders, who are both Oakland natives who are realizing their true potential, are dedicated to investing in others so that they can do the same. That is why The Sip is committed to making an impact within our community. With each purchase, The Sip makes a charitable donation to nonprofit organizations. To learn more about this click here.
At The Sip we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, Veterans status, or disabilities.
Who we are looking for:
We are currently seeking a warehouse associate for our growing team in Hayward, CA. where you will pack finished curated gift boxes in accordance with our standard packaging procedures, while maintaining quality standards and efficient production. You will also ensure on time and accurate shipping to our customers throughout the US and Canada. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented and able to track and complete multiple facets of working in a warehouse, including weekly inventory counts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Packaging, verifying content for shipping, receiving packages.
- Ensure timely, accurate and secure shipping and distribution.
- Build boxes or pallets for shipment
- Implementing the planned packing and shipping strategy for each day
- Completing and reporting warehouse inventory counts
- Scan items or manually update inventory system
- Completing prep and clean up of the work stations at the beginning and end of each shift
- Completing package drop offs at designated pick up locations.
- Follow workplace safety standards
- Frequent standing and walking
- Lifting up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to tolerate cold temperatures (warehouse is kept at a 55 degrees fahrenheit )
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate (preferred)
- Warehouse or shipping experience a plus
- Basic reading and math skills
- Ability to operate an electric pallet jack or forklift (preferred)
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Employee Discount
- Fun Team!
Email your resume to Catherine@thesipsociety.com to apply.