Celebrate Mardi Gras with our bubbly spin on a classic hurricane!
The Hurricane is probably the most famous New Orelans cocktail. The French Quarter bar Pat O’brien’s created the drink back in the 1940s during World War II. During the war, bars had a surplus of rum from the Caribbean because they had to buy two cases of rum for every case of bourbon or whiskey which were scarce at the time.
- 1 bottle champagne (We love this paired with Ayala Majeur!)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup passion fruit juice
- 4 ounces white rum
- 4 ounces dark rum
- 3 tablespoons grenadine
- Cherries and orange peel for garnish!
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher.
- Strain the mixture evenly into ice-filled glasses.
- Garnish with cherries and orange peel.