The Sip is a bevtech luxury brand changing the wine industry and the way sparkling wines are discovered. We offer an array of sparkling wines from around the world in a gift-ready box, making it convenient, affordable and fun to discover sparkling wine without breaking the bank. Our mission is to help everyone celebrate & elevate their every day.
Since our founding in 2020, The Sip has been named one of the top 3 wine subscriptions by USA Today and we’re a top retailer for some amazing brands. As a Venture backed startup, we are at that perfect stage of growth, where we’re still small enough for you to make a major difference, while big enough to do some amazing things, and now is a great time to join The Sip team.
Our founders, who are both Oakland natives who are realizing their true potential, are dedicated to investing in others so that they can do the same. That is why The Sip is committed to making an impact within our community. With each purchase, The Sip makes a charitable donation to nonprofit organizations. To learn more about this click here.
At The Sip we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, Veterans status, or disabilities.
The Retail Marketing Internship Role:
As a Sip summer intern, you will receive a first hand glimpse at what it’s like to work at the world’s first palate first champagne discovery platform. . During the 4 month program, you will tackle projects alongside our small but mighty team, with the opportunity to make a real impact on The Sip’s business.Our paid internships are ideal for ambitious students or recent grads who thrive in ambiguity, like a good challenge, and want a jump start on their career development. Oh, and interested in tasting a lot of great quality Champagne along the way (we take our research very seriously!)
The Marketing team plays an important role in the development of The Sip’s acquisition and growth strategy through the planning, assessment, and communication of activities, data and metrics. As a Marketing intern you will be working with Social media, Influencer marketing and directly for The Head of Marketing Executive.
The Sip Internship program is a 4 month program. The program begins June 6th and Ends September 30th.
What You Will Learn & Your Impact:
- Analyze the social and influencer competitive space to assist the team in understanding how other retailers and brands are approaching influencer marketing and identify opportunities to evolve our strategy
- Assist with content creation to stay current with the latest social media trends through video marketing
- Assist with data collection and social reporting
- Assist with the QA and social publishing process by ensuring we have all the assets needed to post and make campaigns successful
- Assist with coordination of influencer seedings
- Assist with identifying sku #'s for Work Order Forms (C&S Templates), Instagram tagging in calendar and comp order requests
- Analyze cross functional teams to collaborate and implement new strategies and processes
- Assist in ideation and development of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives for minority influencers
- Assist with preparing for content creation with brands and founders
- Participate in social and video brainstorms to share ideas and a fresh perspective
- Lead or assist on projects using a hands-on approach
Who We are Looking For:
- Currently working on completion/or completed a Bachelor's degree in related field (Marketing, Business and/or Communications)
- Candidate must exhibit the following skills and/or experience:
- Interest in Influencer & Social Marketing
- Strong interest in Sparkling Wine
- Proficient in relevant social channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitter and Tik Tok
- Ability to quickly adapt to ever-changing landscape
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail
- Personable and flexible with demands and changes in a fast-moving business environment
- Pulse on emerging social, influencer and Adult Beverage trends